Friday, April 13, 2007

My Opa's Birthday

Yesterday was my Opa's (grandfather in german) birthday. He was 82, all of his paper work says that he is 84 though. This is because my grandfather is a survivor of the Holocaust only because he lied about his age. Every year on his birthday I think of this and it makes me realize how precious he is to me. The only survivor of the entire family and he means the world to me. He teaches me everything he can and his words always inspire me. I am very lucky to have the granfather that I do. I am also very lucky to have him healthy and living at the age of 82. I hope and pray he will be here for many more years to come. I really enjoyed having his birthday dinner at Outback with the family.

1 comment:

dotsmom said...

Happy birthday to your Opa! Has he talked to you about his experiences? You might want to get his rememberances on tape--though many people who survived the Holocaust don't want to talk about it--and who could blame them?

K. Smith